Saturday, January 3, 2015

Soya sauce

I got myself a new video editing software yesterday, and decided to make a new video straight away. The old one I used was too simple and missed a lot of cool features that I wanted. That's why my older videos have looked like a 5-year old has made them. Now they will look a little less like that, but there is still sooo much to improve... And I already managed to get really pissed at this new program, even though I made a pretty short and uncomplicated video.

So the name of this program is Cyberlink Powerdirector 13, and I might as well just say it now, because I noticed the program leaves an annoying watermark on the first 5 secs of the video. I have to work on how to get that removed, but in the meantime I'll just sit back and they get the advertisement they want. So, this was the first issue with the video. The second, bigger issue was, that my recording program somehow recorded the video in an odd resolution, leaving the video cropped so that you can't see my spell bar or my character portrait properly. The funny thing was, that somehow I have managed to NOT NOTICE THIS until the very last moments of editing, just before producing the final movie. I have recorded the video, converted it, and edited it, and still haven't noticed that pretty much half of the screen is missing. That takes serious skill. So I was pretty pissed when I finally saw it, but I had already put way too much time into editing to just leave it all. So it is up on Youtube anyway, in all it's glory. It's very much watchable, you just can't see half of my UI.

Oh yeah, I probably forgot to mention what game I even recorded. Sacred Gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment